cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basketball (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Next NBA player to come out of the closet? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7219)

cougjunkie 03-24-2007 01:46 AM

Next NBA player to come out of the closet?

I saw someone mention this on cougarboard.

My top 3 guesses (this could be like the death thread)

1. Scot Pollard
2. Luol Deng (British like Ameachi)
3. Cherokee Parks

RockyBalboa 03-24-2007 01:54 AM

Manu Ginobili.....the worst flopper this side of Vlade Divac....a person who flops THAT bad has to be gay. ;)

cougjunkie 03-24-2007 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 67385)
Manu Ginobili.....the worst flopper this side of Vlade Divac....a person who flops THAT bad has to be gay. ;)

If you play for the Spurs you are not gay. The Spurs are a bunch of hardcore ruffians.

I can see why you think he is gay he does wear a lot of jewelry, 3 championship rings to be exact ;).

RockyBalboa 03-24-2007 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 67401)
If you play for the Spurs you are not gay. The Spurs are a bunch of hardcore ruffians.

I can see why you think he is gay he does wear a lot of jewelry, 3 championship rings to be exact ;).

Manu is by far the worst flopper in the league. He's a talented player, but a pussy.

Even Dirk Nowitzki doesn't compare.

livecoug 03-24-2007 05:53 PM

is cherokee parks still in the league?

YOhio 03-24-2007 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 67384)

1. Scot Pollard
3. Cherokee Parks

This list is about right because they're all white or foreign. I would be really, really surprised to see an African-American player come out in the next ten years. In fact, I'd be pretty surprised to see any active player come out in that same time.

Hazzard 03-25-2007 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 67384)

1. Scot Pollard
3. Cherokee Parks

1. Christian Laettner (ex-player)
2. Kyle Korver
3. Kevin Garnett

Not sure why I thought of these three guys, but for some reason they seem to me the most likely to be gay.

BarbaraGordon 03-25-2007 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazzard (Post 67547)
1. Christian Laettner (ex-player)

Hey! I love Christian! He's so pretty.

Detroitdad 03-26-2007 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 67401)

2 rings for Manu.

Hazzard 03-26-2007 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 67550)
Hey! I love Christian! He's so pretty.

I love him, too. Oh wait; no I don't. :)

Come to think of it -- and this is totally random as I didn't go out of my way to make it happen (he was just greeting fans outside of game one night and apparently no one wanted his autograph) -- Christian Laettner is the only NBA player with whom I have taken a photograph. I just rememberd this after reading your post, Barbara.