cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Star wars? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8389)

SeattleUte 05-16-2007 08:49 PM

Star wars?

So I give the thread about whether there is such a thing as demonic possession a very deserved one star rating, and am classy enough to disclose it. Then someone retaliates and gives my thread about myth vs. history (self-evidently not a stupid subject) a two star rating. Is this the new frontier of Religion Forum food fights? Sad.

Jeff Lebowski 05-16-2007 08:54 PM

Cheer up. I just gave this thread five stars.

Archaea 05-16-2007 08:54 PM

Does anybody really notice the quality of discussion based on ratings or notice it based on frequency and quantity of discussion?

I found your discussion interesting and don't knowwhat to think of possession, as it's no longer discussed in LDS culture, though it may have been in years past.

creekster 05-16-2007 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 82357)
Cheer up. I just gave this thread five stars.

I give your rating deciiosn one star; where do I post that?

SU, do you really care about the stars or is this another missing TIC? If you do find yourself caring about it, you need something more to worry about in your life.

SoCalCoug 05-16-2007 09:05 PM

I went one further. I added to your reputation!

Has anyone figured out that reputation thing yet?

tooblue 05-16-2007 09:09 PM

It's an issue of respect. You may have little regard for a particular discussion, however others find it interesting

I gave your mythology thread 1 star because while I am extremely fascinated by the subject I am less than enthusiastic about your bitterness with regards to the faith of your childhood -it poisons the potential discussion.

You reap what you sow.

SeattleUte 05-16-2007 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 82362)
I give your rating deciiosn one star; where do I post that?

SU, do you really care about the stars or is this another missing TIC? If you do find yourself caring about it, you need something more to worry about in your life.

If you have to ask....

creekster 05-16-2007 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 82376)
If you have to ask....

In that case, you need better material. With or without an implied TIC this is a pretty weak thread.

SoCalCoug 05-16-2007 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 82380)
In that case, you need better material. With or without an implied TIC this is a pretty weak thread.

That's it! I gave this thread one star. Take that!

BarbaraGordon 05-16-2007 10:06 PM

Has anyone else noticed that the stars only started showing up in the last week or so?