cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   This NBA postseason (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8469)

YOhio 05-20-2007 03:56 AM

This NBA postseason

which players have surprised you the most?

At different times, nearly every member of the Utah Jazz has surprised me, mostly in a positive way.

As for the non-Jazz players, Matt Barnes impressed me quite a bit during Utah-GS series. I honestly didn't know who he was before then, but I'll be watching him this next year. He is a good player, tough, and fun to watch.

I was surprised at how disappointing it is to watch LeBron James play. There is no question that he has talent, but he really isn't that fun to watch.

MikeWaters 05-20-2007 04:01 AM

If you can watch an entire Eastern Conference game, you have more mental toughness than me.

YOhio 05-20-2007 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 83299)
If you can watch an entire Eastern Conference game, you have more mental toughness than me.

Yeah, they are ugly. The Piston's are the only thing decent that Conference has to offer.

Detroitdad 05-20-2007 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 83297)

At different times, nearly every member of the Utah Jazz has surprised me, mostly in a positive way.

As for the non-Jazz players, Matt Barnes impressed me quite a bit during Utah-GS series. I honestly didn't know who he was before then, but I'll be watching him this next year. He is a good player, tough, and fun to watch.

I was surprised at how disappointing it is to watch LeBron James play. There is no question that he has talent, but he really isn't that fun to watch.

I think the Jaz have been the most surprising team by far, and that includes the Warriors. As far as most surprising players, I think this season has been a lot less about individual performance and more about team play, with disapointment (Miami, Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Phoenix and Stu Jackson, David Stern) to surprises (Jazz, Warriors).

I agree that Lebron is the least electric superstar that I can remember. He rarely has a jaw dropping moment.

RockyBalboa 05-20-2007 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 83297)

Carlos Boozer and Deron Williams,,,I didn't expect them to play beyond what they are, given this is their first playoff experience.

cougjunkie 05-21-2007 04:01 AM

I have been a Spurs fan my whole life or at least most of it, and even though he is an All-star and has 2 rings I think Tony Parker has really stepped his game up this post season. He has become a top 5 point guard in the NBA. He can score at will in the paint, his jumper has become more consistent, he is playing good defense and running the Spurs to perfection. I dont know of a quicker player in the NBA right now. He has been amazing this postseason.

MikeWaters 05-21-2007 04:09 AM

Parker's days of success may be over if refs would stop calling Parker jumping into other people a foul.

You have the right to be on the court. Jumping into another player is a charge. Or a no call.

I hope Rafa breaks his legs when Parker tries to jump into him.

Jeff Lebowski 05-21-2007 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 83410)
I have been a Spurs fan my whole life or at least most of it, and even though he is an All-star and has 2 rings I think Tony Parker has really stepped his game up this post season. He has become a top 5 point guard in the NBA. He can score at will in the paint, his jumper has become more consistent, he is playing good defense and running the Spurs to perfection. I dont know of a quicker player in the NBA right now. He has been amazing this postseason.

Sorry to hear that, cougjunkie. Jazz in six. You heard it here first. It starts in game two.

Archaea 05-21-2007 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 83413)
Parker's days of success may be over if refs would stop calling Parker jumping into other people a foul.

You have the right to be on the court. Jumping into another player is a charge. Or a no call.

I hope Rafa breaks his legs when Parker tries to jump into him.

NBA officiating on the charge call is an embarrassment. Davis was bounding into Fisher most of the time.

May Rafa destroy Parker for his best Earl Campbell impersonation.