View Single Post
Old 02-13-2006, 03:52 AM   #6
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
Do you actually find their elitist attitudes harmless?

It's a signature of class warfare which may be on the horizon in yet our lifetimes. See me in forty years if their experimentation isn't harmful.

The sexual experimentation isn't the only thing that boggled my mind; it was the utter contempt from which they viewed the world. The kids there viewed themselves superior to others, and thus entitled to excesses. Sounds a little bit Hitlerian.

I have no idea how rampant those beliefs are, localized or in substratas, but if they become prevalent, we will see far greater problems. You also don't think safe sex is important?

America has many ills, and will continue to have them for years, but we're losing the strength of the WWII generation. I see no greatness from the upcoming generations. The general sense of work ethos, commonality, vision and willing to sacrifice for others is absent. Now this is a train which will stop slowly, and other cultures are also doing badly.

However, if China continues to get its act together, the US will become a second rate power. It probably won't happen entirely until the second half of the century but the trending is not positive.
I agree there's little as distasteful as spoiled kids without empathy and with an absolute sense of entitlement.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote