View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 08:49 PM   #8
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
It's no different than someone whose sexual tendencies are towards children, animals, or trees. They all have to straighten the sexual tendencies out or gut life out hoping for an eternal reward.
Seriously though, I highly empathize with the plight of homosexuals in the church. I know a gay man who was married and started a family, then all hell broke loose, and he ended up pursuing gay lifestyle for about a decade. He's remarried, rebaptized in the church, and says he's happy, though he'll never be more sexually interested in his wife than with other men.

One thing I truly believe about mortal life is that nearly everyone has ridiculously, difficult challenges to the point where if you learned everything you would say "that is unfair why would God ask so much of someone". Would you rather your trial be the death of a child, an addiction, homosexuality, a physical handicap, depression, cancer, a cheating spouse, financial instability, or other? The point is no one gets a pass, and they seem necessary to learn what we need to learn in this life. That said, having homosexual orientation might top them all. I would never try to minimize that challenge.

It sounds a little calloused and uncaring to tell a homosexual, too bad, you just got dealt a lousy hand, good luck with it. But that's probably how I would sum it up in a nutshell.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote