View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 08:32 PM   #29
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Maybe I have to read up on libertarians. What do they believe in. Sitting on the sidelines doing nothing and hope everything turns out OK.
They also enjoy making protest votes for candidates that will never ensure them a governing majority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHair View Post
How is it our problem that Iran's government oppresses? I'm not a Constitution Scholar, but I don't remember any part that says it's the mission of the US government to ensure rights for citizens of other countries. The Bill of Rights as I understand it only applies inside the United States. Our ancestors had to fight the Revolutionary War to get rights, I suggest Iranians do the same if they want more rights.
Don't be silly.

The basic interest in human suffering aside, history has shown that oppressive regimes rarely oppress only their own people. It's fallacious to assume that we don't bother them, they won't bother us.

To preempt a potential response let me add: there is no uniform solution to dealing with such states. Certainly military force should be exercised judiciously and carefully. But the problem cannot be ignored.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote