View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 11:49 PM   #45
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
No, I rely on my own judgement, but ultimately defer to the divine calling and right to make those decisions to those that are actually ordained by God to make them.
You did it again, you used the rhetorical device, "God and the angels are on my side."

I "defer to the divine calling."

Invoking the divine to justify your actions.

Last I checked, we're all mortals here and thus imperfect. I wager even those of us speculating about a better method, defer 99.9999% of the time to our leaders, usually not out of a sense of trying to be morally superior, but because we're too lazy or don't care enough to fight a fight.

This is a discussion board, designed for freedom of expression of thought.

For example, Requiem asked what to do, and a plethora of ideas flowed, yours as useful as the next. You are wrong in characterizing most of the suggestions as being anything more discourteous than Requiem's bishop appeared to have behaved. After that the discussion branched off into the improvement of music in order to elevate worship. In that regard, I don't see how being a GA imbues one greater wisdom than anybody else. In fact, the musically gifted are probably more insightful on this issue than staid businessmen and administrators.