View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 12:35 AM   #54
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
I voice my differing opinions all the time. However, there comes a time in the discussion where the branch president decides what is to be done. He's made that decision in light of or despite of what I and others in the meeting offered as alternative viewpoints. Ultimately, it's his call and it's not my place to override him; I don't have the authority.
I agree completely. Unless you're his file leader, you don't have the authority.

Quote:

If I still disagree with him, what do I do? What avenues are available to me? I can't appoint myself bishop.
In all but the rarest instances, you do nothing else.

As Adam pointed out, I have never voiced my displeasure at anything the bishop might have done with any member of my ward. I would not seek to undermine his authority with other ward members. So I agree.

Quote:
Am I morally justified in going against his decision just because I don't agree with it?

I certainly can bring up various topics again, and I have done precisely this before, but the decision still rests with him.
How could you go against his authority?

The only avenue the Church has created is an appeal to his file leader. Who is his file leader?

Should we invoke this right often? No, only rarely, but if done tactfully, it may result in rare circumstances to an injustice being averted.

Do you disagree?