View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 01:01 AM   #71
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Oh come on. He had a stunning sudden increase in productivity during the same year that his head and his feet grew by two sizes. How can you possibly argue that it made little difference?

And the fact that he didn't need to do steroids to be a great player only makes it all the more maddening.
Find me a one conclusive study that shows steroids helps you hit more homeruns.

Really he has only had the one monster year and has been pretty consistent otherwise though his HR numbers have steadily climbed. But also so have his walks. He's a patient hitter and will take a walk. This gives him more opportunities to get better pitches because he'll wait for his and not take the bat off his shoulder forcing pitchers to throw strikes.

Tell me who has had more 50+ HR seasons, Mantle or Bonds?

People make it seem like Bonds has been hitting 73 every year. When in reality that was the only season he's hit more than 50. You're going to tell me that steroids was the reason for that single blow up? That season has done more to indict Bonds than anything else. If he had only hit 50 that year and were still trailing Hank there wouldn't be nearly the discussion about it that there is now.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote