View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 11:06 PM   #9
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I went out and purchased some CDs that a 27 year old and his wife should like
but there's no accounting for taste.

I bought Led Zep IV, Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon, Bob Marley Kaya Remastered, Pumpkin Tree in Abstensia, Green Day Different Shade of Green, Oasis something or other, Jethro Tull, and for his wife James Blunt, Wisemen.

I forget how fantastic Zep IV is and was. It is a classic album that should be required listening in all music appreciation classes, though I imagine others disagree.

I don't have an MP3 or know how to modify, but I was looking at these for more contemporaries.

Any comments.

Spoon, Raconteuers, Medesk, Maftin& Wood, Widespread Panic, Government Made, The Flaming Lips, Arcade Fire, Moe, Thievery Corporation, Blonde Redhead, My Morning Jacket, Cool an dBen Harper and th Innocent Criminals.

Do you guys and gals recommend any of those?

I went to Borders and they didn't even have Fela Kuti, but I guess that's too african for a white neighborhood.
Spoon is excellent. There are at least three of their songs that most people would recognize. A truly good up and coming group. Thievery Corp is more techno as I recall, not so much my thing. Arcade Fire has a nice song entitled "Rebellion (Lies)." Flaming Lips are good: "Do you Realize" is a great track. Board mail me if you want more suggestions.