View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 12:57 AM   #17
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

I hurt my ankle playing HS football. It was originally diagnosed as a severely sprained ankle, so the doctors encouraged me to walk on it and push myself to help the ankles heal. The pain was horrible and it kept getting worse. About two weeks later I found out I had been walking on a broken ankle (fractured talus). Those two weeks were pure hell. I remember having to push my left knee down with my hand to compress the clutch on my car.

When I was 16 I got jumped by an indigent in DC, in the park areas near Union Station. I was running as fast as I could, turned around and punched him as hard as I could. It dropped him flat, but it also broke my hand. Once the adrenaline wore off I was almost in tears because of the pain.

Right before my mission I was working construction for an excavator. We were installing a fire hydrant, the chain slipped from the backhoe holding the hydrant and it fell on my hand. My hand was broken and I went into the MTC with a soft cast. I hated wearing the damn thing so I took it off as soon as my parents were out of site. I did fine until my branch president shook my hand in one of those,"I know everything I need to know about you from your handshake" way. Hurt like hell.

All told I've broken both legs, both hands, a few ribs, an arm, a handful of fingers, collarbone and have dislocated my shoulder.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote