View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 03:16 PM   #4
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
This is one of those things that I don't give much thought to anymore. I'm fine with riding on Sunday's which drives my wife nuts. We'll go on a walk every sunday night, or even a bike ride on our mountain bikes, but if i put on my stretchy pants and do a longer ride on my road bike, that's breaking the sabbath. It's just one of those things we don't see eye to eye on as I don't see a problem with it even though I haven't done it.
If you had said you put on your shorts and a t-shirt and went out and rode, I would have no problem with it. However when you said you put on your stretchy pants, I have a different feeling, like maybe you are breaking the Sabbath.

I am not trying to make a joke here. It probably has to do with thinking those that wear the stretchy pants are doing something serious and those with shorts on are not. Kind of like if my kids wanted to throw the ball around in the back yard, no big deal. If they wanted a neighborhood ball game, then it was a big deal.

I guess it is perception and silly if you really think about it. What difference really is there in a guy riding 5 miles on Sunday in stretchy pants vs some shorts.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote