Thread: Gay by Choice?
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 12:18 AM   #10
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug View Post
I think there's more women who do that than men.
That may be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
It's a good thing you are a programmer and not a scientist, Tex. With your faulty logic and selective interpretation of data, you wouldn't stand a chance at getting anything published. Even in a political publication like this one where pseudo-science is tolerated.

The fact that some people can move between straight and gay does not disprove strong biological causality. Of course sexual attraction covers a broad spectrum. This is not a binary/black & white issue where the occurrence of some exceptions disproves the theory. Not even the article claims that.

I stand by my statement about overwhelming evidence.
I've never denied that certain folks might have an inborn weakness toward same-sex attraction, much like other folks have a temper problem, or an alcohol weakness.

I do deny that it's an innate trait, akin to skin color or (gasp) gender--something to define rights by and categorize people by. I think as science moves forward we'll discover that behavior and experience has much to do with it as natural inclination, if not more so.

Parenthetically, like global warming, it's very interesting how libs are so anxious to close the books and declare something decided ... especially on the most controversial of topics, when in reality it's nowhere near.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote