View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006, 05:37 AM   #16
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug
Quote:
Firstly Rats and humans are two entirely different species … All sexually deviant behavior is, in part, learned. How many of the 'normal' male rats reciprocated when the injected male rat behaved like a female? I assume the males rats would’ve had to been taught how to act sexually with the so-called homosexual rat.
I'm sensing a bit of cognitive dissonance here, which I expect regarding this subject in an LDS-dominated forum: Homosexuality is a sin; therefore, it is a choice; therefore, it is learned behavior; therefore, they weren't born that way.

At some point, are we going to have to change our paradigm when it comes to the cause of homosexuality?
Let me be perfectly clear, I contend that a genetic predisposition towards homosexual behavior does indeed exist, and I am equally certain that learned behavior plays a critical role in a person’s decision to engage in homosexual activity.

What's equally interesting is the subject of addiction, or more specifically alcoholism ... it has also been proven that genetics plays a significant role in determining whether an individual is more prone to alcohol or drug addiction … When was this genetic aberration introduced into the human gene pool, was it there from the very beginning?

Choice plays a significant role in the whole equation –it cannot be dismissed by the mere claim that it is simply a matter of genetics. My thought process transcends religious conviction on this subject –it’s certainly not as simple as; it’s a sin therefore …
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote