View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 08:10 PM   #100
Chapel-Hill-Coug

Chapel-Hill-Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
This stuff is a bit above my head but I was reading to see what the big problem was about JS inserting Isaiah KJV.

Tex, is the anti-Mormon stuff you're worried about this concerning Isaiah disunity and the possibility of some of the Nephi Isaiah chapters being written after Nephi lived?
Quoting the KJV directly is the least of the BOM problems. My understanding, from a colleague who studied this carefully, is that the ONLY reasonable conclusion is that he lifted straight from the KJV. I'd have to tap into this guy's research to refresh my memory, but I believe it has to do with the fact that in the *original* bom manuscript, it quotes the KJV EXACTLY, minus 100% of italicized words...no more, no less (then subsequent copies, including the first edition BOM, revised the Isaiah passages slightly from that point). Assuming this is true (the source is a faithful scholar member, fwiw), then cut and paste is the ONLY conclusion here. [It's possible I've gotten parts of the argument wrong here, I'm going off memory. But either way this source told me that there is no other option once you look at the evidence from the orig manu].
Chapel-Hill-Coug is offline   Reply With Quote