View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 06:29 PM   #5
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solon View Post
Maybe there will someday be a "laundry list" to go with WoW questions, but that doesn't explain this apparent incongruity. This is not so much an attempt to "re-interpret the words of past authorities" as to interpret them in the first place. The text seems clear enough to me, but today's practice is different. Why?
I'm not familiar enough with its evolution to say, and if someone's interested in researching it, then by all means. I'm sure it would be fascinating to see how it has changed and the forces that drove it.

Where I separate myself is when research turns up an earlier view/teaching/policy and the researcher concludes, "This is how it should be today."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
Oddly enough, I read those very articles back in August. Anthon Lund drinking Danish beer is not the kind of thing that most contemporary LDS are comfortable knowing.

Regardless, I think the fact that there isn't a "laundry list" is very purposeful. Some people long for such a list, but I think it would be a huge mistake.
I agree. That's the last thing I'd like to see.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote