View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 01:09 AM   #6
Dan

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The thing involved here is that ...

... BY often commented on John 17:3, in that knowing the true God is eternal life. He often commented on it from the standpoint of stressing the truthfulness of AG. So that not comprehending AG was a sign of confusion and not even beginning down the path to really know him. According to BY, comprehending AG had EVERYTHING to do with knowing God, at least as one of the initial steps. [I can still send the 'greatest talk ever delivered to the saints' to those who have not requested it yet, it goes into all of this stuff]. So, like Non Sequitur, I find the comment odd. Yet, like Creekster, I can see the legitimacy of stating it that way. We do not have all the answers, so why get worked up about it. It is something we will truly only comprehend through personal revelation. Believe me, this issue created A LOT of anxiety within me when I first started peering down the rabbit hole, as this was the first issue, years ago, where I realized everything may not really be the way we have been taught that it was. So if you feel that way, don't worry too much, it is par for the course. If you keep digging, your very foundations will be rocked. Some never come out of it. Some do. Those who do usually have a much more sure foundation for their testimony and are less likely to be tossed to and fro, so to speak. I have seen many end up down the various paths.

Temet Nosce - \"Know Thyself\"
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote