View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 07:03 PM   #69
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Oh but I think it is. I'd be genuinely interested to see a neutral analysis of church curricula for the quality and quantity of the treatment of church women, both ancient and modern, and then compare that to a similar analysis done on the scriptures on which they are based. I think it would tell us a lot about whether your perception is real or imagined.

But you haven't address my second point, either. Is a lesson on faith less effective to you if it has an example of a man vs. an example of a woman? On charity? On obedience? On tithing?

More to the point, does it bother you that the beings that we worship, the members of the Godhead, are all male? How does that affect your spirituality? I admit I don't know how I'd feel were the roles reversed. I think it might be quite challenging, particularly if I had been abused by (in my case, women) in my life.

I think I related this to you once before: my mission president's wife instructed us that a woman's spirituality is easily influenced by how the important men in her life treat her ... her father, husband, brothers, sons .... for this very reason. As a result, she emphasized how important it was to treat women properly. Do you disagree?
Are you implying the roles of stories with genders have no psychological impact upon the recipient?

It must impact women to hear very little from their perspective and only frm those who've had their thoughts shaped by a male dominated culture. I don't know what a healthy expression is, because I've never witnessed it.