View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 07:13 PM   #13
Dan

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I admit I was a little distressed ...

... at the thought of potential multiple mortal probations. I really do not know if it is a true concept. If it is, however, I have changed my stance on it. It makes sense that we would need multiple experiences like that to actually grow to where we need to be. Joseph did say it would take a great many "eternities" beyond this life to attain exaltation.

I used to think life sort of sucked and I would not want to go through it again. But then I realize I was as excited as could be at being able to come to earth, even knowing the challenges I would face. I do not believe anyone would be forced to come back through a mortal probation. I believe it would all be based on choice. If we want to remain in a kingdom of glory, we will be allowed to do so. If we choose to enter mortality again, it would be because I choose to do so with much more knowledge and thought going into the choice than I have now. So I trust myself to make the best choice at the time if it comes to that and I do not worry about it now. Life really is a gift, even though it can suck some or a lot of the time. It is a gift that helps us progress. If there is more of that gift waiting in the future, I believe I will grab it by the horns if that is the way things are.

And, BTW, the concept of mortal probations is different than reincarnation. Multiple mortal probations never have you reverting to a lesser life form. You are always you, a bing in the image of God.

Temet Nosce - \"Know Thyself\"
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote