View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 12:00 PM   #46
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wow, joining this board is really paying off.

What a bunch of sheep we Mormons can be.

I suspect the letter (which I believe to be authentic) came out because too many folk kept asking local Church leaders the question "Is it okay if we do this?" There is only one person to whom that question should be addressed (unless of course one is a polygamist).

Anyway, another in a long list of examples of fallible Church leadership. Is this at all surprising?

I recently read a joke that goes something like this:

"Catholics state that the Pope is infallible, but don't believe it. Mormons state that the Prophet is fallible, but don't believe it."

Early on, I gained a "testimony" of the fallibility of Church leadership, something that has seen me through many a "trial of my faith."

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote