View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 10:11 PM   #8
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYUruss View Post
Jodeph Smith had a couple 14 year old wives, and also married a couple women after sending their first husbands away on a mission. So here's the question....do most of you believe that he was called of God to marry what are essentially still children, and other already married women? Or do you think that a better explanation is that nobody is perfect, including JS, and this was just being human? Or was it something else? Having not found out about that stuff until my mission, it's something that I've always wondered about.

I have more questions concerning polygamy than strong opinions. I guess I am like many in that regard. If pinned down my opinion today is that I am not convinced one way or the other concerning whether or not polygamy was originally of God in principle. If it was of God in principle, I believe what you described above was not the manner in which it was intended to be applicated. So in those cases my opinion, which is not to reach SE Idaho, is that Joseph Smith was not acting in accordance with God's will.