View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 10:59 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Mike is the best one to articulate a mission statement. Going where the brave dare not venture, I would venture to say we aim to create a community independent of CB, even though the problems with CB spawned CG's existence.

Mike may have his own opinions and he has spent time and money developing it. I just offer useless opinions and ideas for new fora. To the extent, Mike disagrees he can chime in, as he is more than capable.

I don't see CG in any relation to CB. It resulted initially because CB didn't allow religious discussion, something many of us liked. I also asked for the Ute section, because we have many friends who are Utes and like to discuss religious matters. I also suggested a few others, such as Cycling, Literae Humaniores, Religious Studies and a few others. Mike graciously accommodated creating those.

So, my hope is a community where we share ideas, laughs, sorrows, without offending each other too often. As many academics who can tolerate us nonacademics are welcome. Engaging women, be they academics or just sports fans, are more than welcome, and those who just like repartee are also welcome. We do not wish this to become a haven for those who wish to destroy the Church, but those with misgivings are welcome. Mullahs who will allow borderlanders their own opinion may stay as well.

I can see no reason why you shouldn't be made to feel welcome, as college affiliation is of no moment, except at the pearly gates. I hope you stay even if your musical talents make me feel and look like a complete moron.

Last edited by Archaea; 10-17-2007 at 11:46 PM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote