View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 04:34 AM   #6
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
Yeah this is a good example of people over thinking things. I am given to believe that the weight of the evidence is that a child is at infinitely more risk from the disease than from the vaccination.

It makes me think of living in Utah and there being a movement to keep flouride out of the water. Now I read that tooth decay is up all over the country because people drink bottled water and not tap water. Still haven't heard about many flouride deaths.

It is like deciding that you aren't going to quit smoking because you are concerned that the niccotine patch adversely effects a small percentage of folks. Maybe I'm using too broad a brush, but in my mind this nonsense goes squarely in the tinfoil-hat-black-helicopter-new-world-order file.

P.S. Vaccines aren't fool proof, I got the mumps as a kid. But if people think that the things that are being vaccinated against are exotic and don't really any longer exist in the population they are mistaken.
The anti-fluoride folks in Utah always call fluoride "rat poison," while the experts agree that adding fluoride to water is one of the great advances in public health over the last century.

To quote a great Utah public health advocate on the matter: "You can call anything and everything rat poison if you administer enough of it. Water is rat poison if you drown a rat in it."
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote