View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 09:39 PM   #3
Mrs. Funk

Mrs. Funk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Bright View Post
Just wanted an opinion to see what other people think of this topic.

Tomorrow I'm not sending my little girl to kindergarten because her class is having a pajama day. I don't want her to get the message that it's OK to fraternize with unrelated boys while everyone is wearing intimate apparel (pajamas). Someday she'll be 16 and I definately don't want her to have that message then. So instead of sending her to school, I'm going to take the family to a museum.

What are your thoughts? Does my opinion make sense or am I being unreasonable. I'm curious as to what your thoughts are?
I think that "intimate apparel" is a fairly subjective term. There's a big difference between flannel pajamas and a T-shirt and lingerie. I had plenty of male friends in high school who saw me in my "pajamas" (loose pajama bottoms or sweats) and I don't think this is inappropriate at all. I didn't associate this as "intimate apparel." In fact, it was the opposite of sexy. I was being downright grungy.

I don't know that sending your daughter to kindergarten in pink flannel pajamas with cupcakes on them is going to naturally result in a 16-year-old girl being around a boy in her bra and panties. I don't think that pajamas are inherently "intimate apparel" and that any sensible 16-year-old can tell the difference.
Mrs. Funk is offline   Reply With Quote