View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 11:38 PM   #45
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
I don't think it's fair to judge anybody's musical tastes based on a thread about your favorite "mediocre" bands.

Music used to be my life. I used to be quite an accomplished guitar player, in a band, and constantly listening to all sorts of diverse music. That's all over now, and I admit to being much more lazy in my efforts to find decent music.
I am not basing it on this thread, but rather on the dearth of interesting music discussion, in general. It is more a lament than an attack, though. I would rather talk about bad music than none at all.

Your admission to being lazy about music is exactly the point I am making...and it is likely what led you to bands like evanescence. When you were more serious about music, it is probably less likely that you would have invested time in them, but perhaps no. We all have our guilty pleasures, myself included.

Rock on for playing the guitar. That is a wonderful talent. I am a mediocre guitar player, at best, but enjoy it tremendously. I will play for my kids and we sing songs or primary tunes together. It is a lot of fun. I wish I had your skills, though. I am not being falsely modest, either. I suck. I would make an average rhythm guitarist. Noodling is not in my basket of tricks. Muddy Waters once said that he found it difficult to strum, so I take solace knowing that.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote