View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 12:39 AM   #55
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never been suspended, warned, reprimanded or acknowledged by Jefe or any other CB mod. I really don't have anything against CB, but it's just too noisy for me. The board moves quickly and fruitful discussion is sometimes hard to find. It does react quickly to news, so that's a bonus for CB, but I really like how CG grinds out a topic for a couple of days, getting various perspectives and some good talk.

In addition to the board format, I prefer CG for a few other reasons. First, it's a self censored board. I hate that CB automatically places "yewt" to replace words. If somebody says dumbyewt, I wanna know if that person is a dumbass or a dumbshit. We get uncensored Goatnapper, Archaea, and Seattle Ute. You can't beat that. If you ever want to test the limits of this boards censorship level, call Indy a mullah. He'll say the f word.

Second, I think the laughs are usually pretty damn good here. They're often stupid inside jokes, but they can be pretty funny. I also like that the anti-Utah/BYU sentiment is pretty much kept to a minimum here. You'll rarely see the phrase Yewt here and I see that as a positive. It's indicative of a nice comaraderie amongst the posters here. Even Tex has had some pretty funny ones lately.

Also, I think there is a good diversity of opinion/belief regarding church, politics, life and sports with a usually respectful discussion. Tex, Indy and Lingo may disagree on this point, but I've always been treated well.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote