Thread: Jimmer
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 07:06 PM   #19
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
types that Rose goes after. He likes to have a shooter in the 6-6'3" range who can fill it up. Jimmer fills that spot very well other examples are Burgess and Rose. He seems to also like big wings who can shoot Balderson and Cummardare examples. He likes an undersized PF (thus supporting my position that Miles and Plaisted rarely see the floor together. Examples are Tav, Young, and that Brazilian kid who played well in 05 but rarely saw the floor last year. He likes centers who can run (Plaisted, Miles, Anderson) but not huge guys (Burgess). Finally, he likes to have a collection of pseudo point guards. At least one who is quick but out of control, one who is slow and savvy, and all of them need to be able to shoot from range.

Given Jimmer's type and how Rose has used it in the past, I think Jimmer plays a role this year similar to Rose's last year. He gets a green light when he's in but if he's off, he goes back to the bench. The better he defends, the more latitude he will get.
I think the general rule on Rose is that he would rather go shorter and quicker than taller and slower. Thus, you get smallish 4's, and three guard lineups at times. I agree I doubt we see Plaisted and Miles together on the court. I think he'd love to have better points but he's had a struggle recruiting them. Morgan's a head scratcher. We desperately need a JC point, he'd step in and start on a 20 win team, and we can't find anything better than a 5'9 guy who doesn't shoot?
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote