View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 09:06 PM   #10
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Pfft. You guys need to get out more.

In Dutch Harbor, Alaska I've seen many dozens of Eagles perched on gigantic crab pots, shanties, drydocked vessels, all over the place, as prevalent as crows.

In the Katmai National Park, Alaska, I have seen a stream crowded with perhaps a dozen Brown Bears not 30 yards away from us, feasting on salmon.

In Katmai, I saw a lynx stop in the road twenty yards ahead of us and look over and just sare at us.

In the Russian River, Alaska, I have seen salmon magesterially leaping over falls and rapids and resting in eddies (near my feet) on their way to their place of birth to lay eggs.

Bald Eagles are a common appearance in and around my neighborhood, and the state park adjacent to my circle.

There is a falcon that perches on buildings here downtown.

I saw a killer whale again and again breach close by our day cruise ship in
Kenai Fjords National Park, AK.

At Kenai Fjords I have seen puffins blanketing the spruce studded cliffs.

The largest salmon run in the lower 48 states passes by 50 yards from my back yard..

In Denali National Park, Alaska, I've probably ten times sat and watched across the way as grizzlies sometimes with cubs loped around and rooted.

At the confluence of the Russian and Kenai rivers I once saw a bald eagle swoop and bring up a twisting sockeye salmon in its talons.

I'm Anchorage I lived in a remote house in the mountains where moose grazing near our yard was a common occurrence.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote