View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 10:49 PM   #21
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Funk View Post
My roommate claimed that as soon as her ex tried to make a move for her, she felt sick and that she shouldn't have sex with him (more realistically, I decided later, she was scared of being loved and being vulnerable... and just scared about the new experience of sex in general). She also said that he treated her like a princess before they got married, and as soon as they got married, he started being emotionally and verbally abusive, which is highly unlikely because those things almost always manifest earlier than that if they really are an issue. They had only kissed once before they got married. That always confused me. Anyway, I think there are a multiplicity of factors. Her dad was pretty abusive and I don't think she'd ever had really healthy relationships with males in her life, family or other.

As far as bitterness about the divorce, I don't know. She's just never moved on. I think even the kindest and tenderest of men would have issues if their new bride was not willing to have sex with him. It was all very strange.
Unfortunately wacked out girls like her are too prevalent in the LDS Culture.

I'm thankful I'm dating someone right now who's very cool.