View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 06:03 PM   #60
HuskyFreeNorthwest

HuskyFreeNorthwest is an unknown quantity at this point

I am saying that if BYU is winning 9+ games every year that it won't matter who they play.

I think you and I can agree that WE (meaning you and I) would both like to play better teams, I would rather see LSU, Oklahoma, USC, Virginia etc in LES and BYU lose than Tulsa and Nevada. The facts about people attending the games just prove the opposite. From 1977-1992 when BYU sold out every game of the season BYU played the following OOC games
77-Kansas St. (who would be like Vandy not the KSU of today) Arizona and Long Beach State.
78-Utah State, all other OOC games were on the road, featuring powerhouses like Oregon State, Oregon and UNLV.
79-Weber State, all other OOC games were on the road including Long Beach State.
80-Long Beach State, North Texas State.
81-Utah State, UNLV

The fact that we went 52-10 through those years made it so that ticket demand was enought to increase the stadium capacity by 50%.

82-No non-conf home games.
83-Bowling Green and Utah State
84-Baylor, Tulsa and Utah State
85-UCLA and Washington
86-Utah State, Temple and Oregon State
87-Pitt and Utah State
88-Texas, Utah State and TCU
89-Washington State and Oregon
90-Miami, Washington State and Utah State
91-Utah State
92-UCLA, Utah State and Penn State

Following 92 BYU did start to get better games on the schedule and started winning a lot less. Attendance went down and BYU from 1993-2000 years of LaVell only averaged capacity during the 1999 year.

So in case you have missed my answer, yes fans care more about winning than schedule. If BYU is winning 9-10 games a year we can play Long Beach State and Bowling Green and the fans will show up, or at least buy the tickets and donate which at the end of the day is all this is about.

Last edited by HuskyFreeNorthwest; 11-05-2007 at 06:07 PM.
HuskyFreeNorthwest is offline   Reply With Quote