View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 03:09 AM   #4
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Because each group of YM (priests, teachers and deacons) have separate criteria in each level of the priesthood to complete the Duty to God, as 2nd counselor you could work exclusively with the deacons on each Wed that you're doing Duty to God. This is how we do it in my ward and it's been rather successful.

The scouting nights, it's your show; however if you could convince the others in the YM presidencey to be there, you could also break into the same individual groups to work on the scouting requirements for advancement. The scoutmaster in my stake (we have so few numbers that the entire stake has been condensed into on troop) has asked various dads of the scouts to help out and it's worked out well. I've helped out a few times because my son is starting to be involved in scouting and have enjoyed it. Perhaps you could ask the same of the scouts' dads. Most are willing to help out if asked.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote