View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 07:20 PM   #3
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
I saw Dan in Real Life a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it much more than I expected I would. A very well written script I thought, and though the story was a bit predictable, overall it was an entertaining film. The only thing I couldn't really accept was Binoche's initial interest in Dane Cook. I don't think he was the right guy for that part.
He was also fairly pretty for a family of otherwise unattractive people.

I think the whole point was to blatantly mis-match the two characters....she was coming off a messy relationship and was likely not making good decisions, so she rebounds with a good looking gym rat as opposed to an intellectual and emotion soul mate.

One thing I really enjoyed about the movie, aside from the music, was the portrayel of the family bond. When my family gets together, it is similar....lots of food, talking, laughing, games, etc... All the siblings get along well, including spouses and nieces/nephews, so it is usually pretty fun. Watching that brought back some good memories for me The only difference is that we dont have a waterfront cabin in Rhode Island. We just hang out at my brother's house in Claremont. And we never do aerobics as a family.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote