View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 05:32 AM   #1
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BYU vs Bryant analysis

1. Bryant is a solid D-II opponent, they had some good shooters and played very hard, they really got after it defensively and it caused us some problems, which worries me a little.

2. When Tavernari is hot he is as good as anybody, in the first half during a stretch he hit a three, followed it up with a fade away jumper, then hit a runner, then followed that up with another three, and another fall away jump shot. He looked solid tonight in the 1st half, he went cold in the 2nd half but overall played well.

3. The thing i found most interesting was the use of Micheal Loyd Jr at the point guard spot. He did a good job, he is very quick and pushes the ball extremely well, he actually played more point tonight than Lamont Morgan did. He did a very good job.

4. Jimmer Fredette has that scorers mentality my only concern is that he doesnt have the quickest shot, but he is always looking for his shot and actually really stepped up his defense tonight with 3 very nice steals, I thought teh team as a whole played well on teh defensive end tonight, especially playing the passing lanes.

5. Plaisted had his usual solid outing, Vuk looked 10 times better tonight than the first game and Miles actually played adequately as well. Hopefully Mcgregor can get back and add some more depth up front.

6. Overall BYU was a lot sharper tonight, they made some big plays and I was very pleased with teh defensive effort, also when Loyd is in the game he takes the run n gun to a different level, he is very fun to watch.