View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 04:26 PM   #7
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
Carroll essentially put both losses on him this past week because of that Stanford game. He said he shouldn't have played Booty hurt, but because his guy is a competitor he said he could play and he did and trusted him. Said that game hurt because it put a damper on their success. I liked how Carroll took the blame. He really is a players coach, it is easy to see why players have no problem committing to him.
Your observation seems to mirror the daily pulse over at Heritage Hall. PC appears on the evening sports beat every weekday. Admittedly, he isnt too used to explaining losses since he arrived at SC, but this season he has been quick to deflect criticism away from booty as well as from Sarkisian and assume all of it himself.

one thing that was not shown on TV after the Stanford loss.....the trojans ran straight into the locker room, which I didnt like too much....everyone except for PC and a few other coaches, who hung around for interviews.

As a stunned Coliseum crowd stood there in shock, very slowly a loud applause started rumbling through the stadium, eventually become a pretty unified measure of applause from the Trojan crowd. hats went off to an upstart stanford team that did something that had not been done in 6 years. Leading the applause on the field was PC.

He is a great coach for SC.

and finally his squad is getting healthy again and are rolling out wins.

One interesting stat about SC: PC is undefeated in the month of Novemeber. 22-0. That isnt bad. Since 2001, he has won 5 PAC 10 titles, 2 NCs, 5 straight BCS bowls, and 3 Heismans. An altogether impressive run. It cant last forever, but it is fun while it lasts.

ASU is going to be tough.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote