View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 06:39 PM   #12
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I hate folks who whine about RUTS. I'm not a big believer in game planning to fail either (i.e. just running and not passing at the end). Put in the backups and continue to go balls to the wall.

Jack Pardee at Houston used to RUTS. He was elected to the College Football Hall of Fame, but before he because HC at Univ. of Houston.

Whittingham may be sending a message "we are the bad boys of this league, and I'll be damned if you can punish us for it."

I respect any man who shows complete disdain for Univ. of Wyoming. In fact, I have no problem if Utah RUTS against BYU.

It's good for college football. Because next year there will be a lot more buzz between Utah and Wyoming.
As a fan, I would tend to agree. The drama is entertaining. Kind of like a soap opera I guess. But as a football coach, I think it is a foolish mistake. Wyoming can and will punish Utah for it eventually. Don't forget that this is the same Utah team that got their asses kicked in Vegas a few weeks ago. If KW is sending the message you describe, then he is an idiot.