View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 07:23 PM   #14
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solon View Post
All this talk about "class" makes we want to puke.

If KW wants to rub Wyo.'s dick in the dirt, that's his decision. He's the head coach. It's his team. It's not like he was playing a Div. II cupcake. It's not Pop Warner or even High School (and yes, there's a difference at these levels).

Karma will probably catch up to him someday and someday Wyo. will have its revenge but, for now, he's the ass-kicking sheriff in town. He didn't cheat. He pressed his advantage and showed a little nasty. If someone has a problem with that, don't whine about "class." Strap it up and beat his team.

The knock on these KW teams has been that they've let up on opponents (see: Louisville '07). Not this time. I liked the killer instinct I saw on Saturday. I think it's a big step forward for KW - he's shedding some of that "nice guy" image.

In 1968, Woody Hayes' Ohio State team scored a late touchdown while leading Michigan comfortably. Hayes went for a two-point conversion. After the game, when asked why he had elected to go for two, he said, "Because I couldn't go for three."

That's the attitude I want in the guy coaching my favorite team.
It's sad and pathetic that so much energy is now focused on rationalizing behavior and not in the savor of victory!

The team, coaches and fan base will spend their week on the defensive, seeking refuge from the nagging pang of sorrow in humiliating a fellow human being ... hoping that inane platitudes like the quote above will deflect from the embarrassment of immature actions.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote