View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 01:16 AM   #20
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I'm mostly amused that so many BYU fans have thrown themselves into the foray. It'll just make the game in two weeks that much more fun.
Well, it was MP that brought it over here.

Look, here's the deal. Many Ute Fans, including some of the best, have made whining over BYU RUTS their 14th Article of Faith for the past 20 years. It was further proof that BYU was not what it professed to be, evidence of the lack of class at the university and within in the fan base. Utah was a better place, a place with vision, a place where principles reigned.

Now comes a blatant example of Utah RUTS, and not just throwing the ball down field in the 4th when up 30. This was really in your face stuff. The irony is great, especially seeing all the Ute Fans contort to defend KWhit's moves. It brings me a burning in the bossom. But as Goat said yesterday, they should just all have a big bowl of shut the hell up.

I really don't care about RUTS. I guess it can be classless, but as someone pointed out, this is football, not life. Stop us if you can. If you can't, then that's the price you pay. I remember getting blown out by CSU and BSU a few years ago, and I think BSU went a little far. But all I remember thinking is, "I never want this to happen again." My emphasis certainly wasn't "class."

That said, I love the juxtaposition between Bronco sitting down the last play of the game rather than run it in from the two and Kyle running an onsides kick while up 40. That's priceless.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote