View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 02:38 PM   #3
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Playing stiffs.

Really hard to tell how good we are. But my gut feeling is that we are as good as we were last year with the potential maybe to be better than we were last year.

JT has really become a man. He is the leader of this team.

Burgess is stepping up and we should expect a Brock Reichner like season.

Plaisted and Cummard same as last year. Murdock not a terrible drop from Ainge last year.
I think Cummard will be more consistent than he was last year. Plaisted will look better by virtue of no other offensive options in the post. Fredette brings more offensively to the table than Rose and Collinsworth is more athletic than what BYU has had in many, many years as a 4. In that I mean a true 4 and not the hybrid matchup problem that Keena became last year as obvious KY was very athletic for a BYU 4. I think this year's club will be deeper and have more flexibility. I think we can compete better with more athletic teams.

However, there is still a limit to how far this club can go. If it can pick off either Michigan State or Wake Forest and not lose any other OOC games other than Louisiville and the WF or MSU game they lose, they could have a better regular season than last year. However, if they are unable to come up with a win against the OOC big programs (MSU, WF or Louisiville) I doubt they can earn a single digit seed in the dance. I don't see anyone else in the conference good enough to possibly be ranked like AF and UNLV were last year. Last year the good MWC saved BYU's bacon after a poor OOC performance, the Y won't have that luxury this year.