Thread: Hand Over Heart
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 08:01 PM   #22
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solon View Post
Obviously.

But I was wondering if other people think this is a big deal. You say it can be a big deal - sure; otherwise, CNN.com would have nothing to write about. But is it a big deal to individuals? Do you (or anyone else) care personally if a candidate for president doesn't do it?
As I said, I wouldn't base my judge solely on that reason, but it would draw doubt in my mind if the man truly understands the office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
If it said something like "I pledge allegiance to the values of the United States, as long as they are not corrupted by our politicians..." then maybe, but even then those values would have to be enumerated.
woot's modified Pledge:

I pledge allegiance to a few of the values--the one's I agree with anyway--of the United States of America, and not to that dumb flag which represents it (because it's just a stupid piece of cloth) or to the Republic for which it stands 'cause they've done a lot of crap over the years like slavery and New Coke, one nation, under God unless you don't believe in him, indivisible except when Bush is president (he didn't really win anyway), with liberty and justice for all.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote