View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 10:16 PM   #1
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road
Default Does this team having only 2 losses taint '06?

The 2006 BYU team was an absolute beast once it got rolling. It was superior to the competition it was up against, and it showed it. It demolished bad teams, and beat good teams soundly. It crushed an Oregon team that was in the top 10 early in the season in a bowl game.

2007's version of BYU is, IMO, far inferior to the 2006 squad. They've won games, be it in a much less convincing manner than '06 did, and in some cases against competition that isn't even as good (in '06 we beat a ranked TCU team on the road, a solid Utah team at home, in 2007 we've won all of the game we should have except for 1).

I wonder out loud to myself if maybe I am letting the fact that this team isn't as good as last years, but has the chance to finish with an equal record, spoil somewhat the taste of a successful season that I should be enjoying. In a rebuilding year, a year in which BYU lost its 2nd all-time leading passer, 1st all-time leading rusher, and a dynamic playmaker at TE, BYU at the very worst shares a piece of the conference crown, wins 8 games (possibly 11) and returns essentially the whole offense.

I'm thinking I really need to calm down and enjoy the season, regardless of what happens. A win over Utah will be very nice, and I think will help give it a sweeter taste.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote