View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 11:20 PM   #4
DJRoss

DJRoss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DJRoss
Default I think that this team is more workman like...

no flash. Beck would dismantle opposing defenses with surgical accuracy. Brown had style when he ran. There were elements that the seniors had with them last year on both sides of the ball that really show cased their confidence.

I would compare this years team with last years team as Blue Collar vs White Collar. Sure it isn't that sexy, but it gets done. Also, the skill players on this team are almost exclusively underclassmen which means that they are cutting off the rough edges this year. Now to be able to cut those rough edges and still win games is cause to be excited about the future.

Regarding opposing teams this year. I am not so sure that this years opponents are weaker than last year.

2006 2007

Air Force 4-6 9-3
BYU 11-2 8-2
CSU 4-8 2-9
NM 6-7 7-3
SDSU 3-9 4-6
TCU 11-2 5-5
UNLV 2-10 2-8
UTAH 8-5 7-3
WYOMING 6-6 5-6

last year only 3 teams finish the season with a winning record. It was very top heavy. This year things seem to have balanced out more. Currently there are 4 teams with winning records, and if TCU wins out they will make it a fifth team. Wyoming also still has a chance to finish at .500 which means six bowl eligible teams.

I know it isn't sexy, but I kind of like the blue collar efforts of Hall, Unga, Pitta and company. Next year will be scary for opposing teams.

Click on image for my card and blog
DJRoss is offline   Reply With Quote