View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 01:11 AM   #9
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
I am not trying to suggest you wish to distort the quotes meaning ... I'm suggesting that I do not understand the context of your quotation in this forum and that perhaps Solon used the quote to bolster his cynicism, which perhaps is not in context to your original intent, and certainly isn’t the intent behind BY’s words.

Why can I not examine or question yours or any other posters comments/posts without it being identified with Machiavelli? Did I earn this stigma –perhaps- is it fair –perhaps- and maybe just maybe you should ask why I am tinted in your view?

I do like the quote. I do find it interesting. Are you a ute and am I Austin Collie of the Religious Studies forum?

Are we not to debate and examine? Or is the spectre of paranoia the constant companion of such subject matter. Am I tooblue defender of truth; or am I tooblue willing to ask questions, make comments and demand an exchange!
I am interested in thoughts, questions, possibilities, you name it. I find Brigham Young paradoxical--sometimes he says things that I find insightful. Other times he says things that leave me wondering if he hadn't just hit his head.

In this instance (and fairly often, really) I just didn't want the post to be about my views. I like the idea of reading one of Brigham Young's ruminations and seeing where we can run with it. At the moment I'm particularly interested in some of the Godhead issues as I'm exploring the whole Holy Spirit-as-wind thing, the Paraclete passages, Lectures on Faith, and so on.

I am not a Ute, although I don't have anything against Utes (other than I want the Cougars to defeat them on the field). They are fun rivals. I'm not sure what you mean with your reference to Austin Collie.
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Last edited by Sleeping in EQ; 11-26-2007 at 01:14 AM.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote