View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 05:44 PM   #16
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
I think it is also clear who has done a better job. BM certainly has done a better job, you can't really argue against results. However, you are crazy if you think that Utah was in a better situation than BYU when the coaches took over. Utah lost an insane amount of talent after the Fiesta Bowl year and had to rebuild. Say what you want about Crowton, but he recruited good players. He just didn't know how to put them in a position to succeed.

Meyer on the other hand did a pretty piss poor job recruiting to Utah. Look at who Utah is playing right now, it is mostly guys from the post-Meyer recruiting classes. The guys that Meyer recruited pretty much flamed out quickly.
Yeah I must be crazy to think a program that was mired in a 3 season losing streak was in a worse situation than a program that just came off of a BCS Win.

That's so crazy.

I will say that I do think KWhit is a pretty good recruiter. His downfall though is his undying loyalty to Andy Ludwig. I like Kyle, I think he's a good coach, but I'm not a fan of Ludwig regardless of them starting to use Darrell Mack. The guy is too schizo...ala Crowton and I think is hurting their potential,,,cause they've got a lot of talent offensively to be resorting to bizarre play calls and not harnessing the strengths of what they have.

*EDIT* -- I will agree that Kyle did take on a very difficult mantle of unrealistic expectations following the Fiesta Bowl year.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 11-26-2007 at 05:49 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote