View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 03:23 PM   #10
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
I agree with Jay Santos, the differences between Plaisted this year and the last two are the following:

1. In years past he would only post up one block, so that he could turn to the middle of the key and shoot a jump hook with his left hand.

2. If he did on a rare occassion post up on the other block, he would still turn middle and shoot a jump hook with his right hand, but it was very ugly, didnt look smooth, and looked like someone shooting with their off hand, very awkard.

Now he posts up on either block, he turns to the middle and will do an up and under move instead a straight jump hook, he turns baseline and will use the glass with his left and right hand, he can also turn baseline and do an up and under move. Another thing I like is that he is trying to dunk the ball a lot more. I have even seen a few drop steps this year. I also said that last year his free throw stroke looked good he was just missing, this year it looks the same but he is a lot more confident and 74% from the line for your center is very good, I would have been happy with 60-65% from him this year.

It also helps when you have 4 very good perimeter players around.
Personally, I like the new moves and agree that he is developing his confidence. We saw the beginning of all the moves you mentioned last year (except a drop step which I don't agree he has). I think a bigger change than any of the things you have mentioned is TPs recognition of the double team...where it comes from, who is open as a result, and whether to finish his post move or pass out. He is looking much better in this aspect of the game and, as a result, has a number of assists in the past few games. Like Roy Williams said...you can't double team a big man who can pass.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote