View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 04:33 AM   #38
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I am not a fan of the BCS, but if you remove fan emotion, here are two truths:

1. There are more BCS schools than non BCS schools in D1.
2. In the history of college football championships, non BCS schools dont really win national championships anyway, so what does it really matter that they are not in the BCS now?

The irony would be that if BYU and the U went to the Pac 10, one of us would wind up playing the Vegas bowl nearly every year, anyway.
Point number 2 is very telling. I am one of those who believe that it is because BYU won a mythical national championship that we have the BCS today. I just don't like that Division I football is the only sport that doesn't have a playoff to find a true champion.

And you speak the truth about Utah and BYU in the PAC 10 ending up in the Vegas Bowl. More likely BYU, as what's-her-name is still upset that she scheduled her game on a Christmas Day in the early afternoon and Utah didn't have many fans in the stands. She's the idiot for it happening, but won't accept responsibility. But I digress.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote