View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 03:58 PM   #64
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
You've provided no differentiation between the Joseph Smith story (or other assorted miracles in the Bible), and the idea of a 6,000-year-old earth, except to say one is "undeniable, overwhelming, and definitive" and the other is "extreme". Well, all we need to do is switch your membership to a different faith, and one can re-arrange those adjectives at will. IOW, it's a vacant argument.
It's hilarious that you stubbornly keep pushing this logic. Chris Hitchens just loves folks like you. You make his job so damned easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
You have also provided no connection between such a belief and how it might influence ANY public policy decision.
Yes I have. It is plain as can be. Certain statements lead me to believe that some people are too stupid for the highest office. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend? I don't really care if you feel differently (or a big chunk of the US voting public). The masses are asses sometimes.