View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 08:14 PM   #7
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I can't remember if I've brought up or if this topic has been discussed before on here. If it has I apologize.

Being single for the last 5 years since my divorce, as many of you know I've dated several Single mothers. My girlfriend now is a mother of 2 children.

Over time in just talking with them and several other gals, most of them really despise their ex-husbands and claim the majority of their marriages were terrible.

And yet.....they continued to have children even when things were very bad or getting worse. I've been hesistant to ask them this as I don't want to offend them, but it's something that baffles me.

Someone help me understand the thought process of..."Well everything sucks, I hate my marriage,,I hate my husband....but yeah I want to have another kid with him"...type of thinking.

My girlfriend tried explaining it as..."Having another child creates a further buffer between you and your husband, and that's why most women do it."

I do not understand it.
I have heard it explained not in terms of a buffer, but that a woman can feel both loved and needed through little children, thereby fulfilling a basic need that she was previously lacking in her marriage. Makes sense in a way.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote