View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 07:16 PM   #22
Ace Tomato Co.

Ace Tomato Co. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
I used to sell football tickets when I was a student at BYU. I think you would be absolutely disgusted if you saw how many of the best seats in the stadium are being hogged by stadium donors...only the donor is long since deceased, and the family is keeping the seat in the name of the deceased and it's the grandchildren buying the seats (the tickets were for the life of a donor and the life of one of their children).

I volunteered to actually do the research out of the public records and find out which of those seats were being purchased by people who had no legitimate claim on them...free of charge. Val Hale told me he didn't want me doing any such thing, because he didn't want to anger anyone who is purchasing season tickets. The other thing I asked Val Hale is why they didn't just jack up the prices of those seats so that the people that weren't legit donors couldn't afford them anymore, and the university could reclaim the seats. He also said that it was because they didn't want to upset the actual donors who still use their seats, because they are people that stepped up to the plate and made a hefty donation at a time that BYU fb really needed that money.
Someone should do the research anyway, give it to the athletic department, give it to Samuelson, and post it on all the boards. It just blows the mind that people who have the means and the desire to donate 5 figures to the athletic department cannot have access to great seats - you almost can't overstimate how much money the athletic department is losing here.