View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 06:49 PM   #16
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
You guys kill me ... How would you answer this loaded question:

"Should God speak to you and ask you to do something that might be in conflict with your duties as president or should he speak to your Prophet who would speak to you - how would you make that decision, how would you handle that?”

You've totally ignored the absurdity of it in favour of your rancour lol ... my goodness, I GUARENTEE EACH ONE OF YOU WOULD SAY THE EXACT SAME THING -if you have not already under different circumstances
That is not at all what I would have said. I would have said, God has never spoken to me. The prophet, who I believe receives revelation for the church, has never approached me personally about any policy decision. Let me go on the record, once again, and make it clear that I am confident that no leader of the Mormon church would attempt to influence policy choices I make, but in the event they did, such efforts would be ignored. As a public official my views are ofcourse informed by my moral beliefs, but as President it would be my job to make difficult decisions and I would take directives from no one.

The answer he gave was a tap dance at best. I like Romney as well as any candidate, but that was an answer calculated to mislead.