View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 07:01 PM   #18
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
That is not at all what I would have said. I would have said, God has never spoken to me. The prophet, who I believe receives revelation for the church, has never approached me personally about any policy decision. Let me go on the record, once again, and make it clear that I am confident that no leader of the Mormon church would attempt to influence policy choices I make, but in the event they did, such efforts would be ignored. As a public official my views are ofcourse informed by my moral beliefs, but as President it would be my job to make difficult decisions and I would take directives from no one.

The answer he gave was a tap dance at best. I like Romney as well as any candidate, but that was an answer calculated to mislead.
to be fair and balanced (if possible) let's ask a couple of probing questions shall we. From the linked article ...

"This interview between Romney and a Boston TV station aired in early December. His comments about the LDS Church didn't cause too much of a ripple back east. But here in Utah, they seem to raise questions about his view of how the LDS Church was founded. In a lengthy interview with one of Boston's most prominent journalists, Mitt Romney was asked the following: "

Questions:

What TV station?

When exactly did it occur?

What is the name of the prominant journalist?

If I want further clarification where do I search for the transcripts? For example if I want to know what Romney said in his Meet the Press interview then I go to:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22273924/

The ABC article linked by Cali includes a photo of that interview -leaving the reader of the suspect ABC article to believe that Romney supposadly said what he said to Tim Russert and not to some fictional Boston Reporter?
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote